Official Equipment Distributor for the Manitoba Badminton Association
Phone Number: (204) 231-0666
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3L 0B2 (Inside The Winnipeg Winter Club)
Monday – Friday: 10AM – 2PM
Monday – Thursday: 4PM – 7:30PM
Friday: 4PM – 7PM
Saturday: 10AM – 4PM
Sunday & Holidays: 11AM – 2PM
Current Staff: Archie Chawla (Owner), Jim Moore (General Manager), Pal Chawla, James Thorpe, Glen Pfeifer, Alix Younger, Alex Lesiuk & Andrew Harrison.
Born in India, Archie Chawla has been a staple in Winnipeg’s sports community since moving to Canada 4 decades ago. He has served as a Squash, Badminton & Tennis professional throughout his career both in private clubs (Wildewood Club, Canoe Club & Winnipeg Winter Club) as well as earning the highly coveted Provincial Coach role for the Manitoba Badminton Association. Archie’s passion for sport is evident to everyone who knows him (either as an athlete, coach or retailer).
Archie founded the Racquets Pro Shop over 30 years ago at the Winnipeg Canoe Club. Following the Canoe Club’s closure, Archie relocated the shop to the Winnipeg Winter Club (Winnipeg’s premiere athletic club). The current staff have over 50 years of combined racquet stringing and sales experience (more than any other pro shop in Winnipeg). Racquets Pro Shop is a proud sponsor of many local tournaments and events throughout the province of Manitoba and serves as the “home shop” for many of the regions top athletes across all racquet sports.
(Between Toronto and Calgary)
– Whether you are a complete beginner and looking for a quality budget solution or an Olympic caliber athlete demanding the highest performance equipment on the market, we have the product selection to fit your needs.
– Our employees aren’t your typical sales associates, they are racquet sport enthusiasts themselves (some of whom are current or former national level athletes) who are passionate and helpful. You can be assured that you will receive the very best advice, even if you aren’t exactly sure what you are looking for.
– We have been in business for over 30 years. When you become a customer of Racquets Pro Shop, you can be assured that you have made a purchase from a reputable, long established retailer. We won’t disappear over night and will be around to service your purchase and make future equipment recommendations.
– Do you represent a school, club or remote community? Racquets Pro Shop has expertise in bulk orders and offers generous discounts for those who order above a certain volume of equipment. Speak with either Archie or Jim for more information.
– Can’t find exactly what you are looking for? Racquets Pro Shop does special orders! Speak with either Archie or Jim to have exactly what you are looking for brought into the shop (don’t risk ordering a knockoff online)!
Winnipeg's Busiest, Most Experienced & Well Respected Racquet Stringing Service
#1: The Most Experienced Staff: Our staff have over 50 years of combined experience stringing racquets from all sports. Our shop strings over 100 racquets each and every month. You can trust your investment with us as we treat every racquet as if it was our own.
#2: The Widest Selection Of String: We not only carry the most popular strings in every sport, but also some specialized options that you simply can’t get at other shops.
#3: Professional Equipment: Racquets Pro Shop uses only the best professional quality stringing machines (we have 2). Our machines are calibrated regularly to ensure your tension of choice is exact.
#4: All Racquet Types: We are the only pro shop in town where you can get tennis, badminton, squash and racquetball racquets all strung under the same roof! Save yourself multiple trips and get everything done at once.
#5: The Fastest Turnaround Times: Stringing is often completed in under 24 hours! Do you have a deadline/trip/upcoming tournament? Don’t risk not having your racquet ready. Contact us now and let us ensure your racquet is ready.
Simply put, I don’t trust anyone in the city to string my racquets except Racquets Pro Shop. I know their machines are calibrated, their stringing staff are experienced and that they will meet their deadlines.
I am hard on my equipment and demand the latest and greatest. If you want the newest model racquets or accessories, look no further than RPS!
I’ll be honest, I don’t know a lot about racquet sport equipment. I know that I can always get an honest and knowledgeable sales associate at Racquets Pro Shop (PLUS: They have a wide assortment of demo racquets to try before you buy).
Phone: (204) 231-0666 or Email Using The Form Below